Questions we are commonly asked:
- What is it?
It is an online based property inspection course that is modelled on a successful business based in Sydney. It is a self paced course 6 module course that will provide you with the knowledge and material to start your own property inspection business.
There is also a Facebook members only group for ongoing support. If you have any questions, go there and they will be answered.
- How much money can i make?There are variables like the population of your area (you might be in a country town), the amount of competition you have, how diligently you work and how you implement the methods and instructions in the course, you could make between $20 000 – $70 000 in your first year. And upwards from there as you become established. $20 000 is approximately 40-50 inspections, that is doable in one year if you work at it.
- What is the cost of the course?The cost for everything you'll need to start and run a property inspection business is $1997 inc. GST. The one off course fee entitles you to:
- Unlimited access to the course and all material
- Facebook members only support group
- Ongoing course updates and added materials
- Does it work?Absolutely yes. But you need to work and follow the methods in the course. Nothing will work if you don’t do anything. Or much at all.
- What is included in the course?Absolutely everything you need to start and run a profitable inspection business. Click here for details.
- Is it for me?Of course this isn’t for everyone. The people who are most suited to succeed with our course tend to have the following characteristics: They are energetic and have a strong desire to succeed. They have a basic to good understanding of house construction. Maybe a tradie, a serious handyman or a builder. They’re not afraid of hard work – you have to put in the effort in at the beginning to build your business. They take responsibility for their own results. We can provide you with the opportunity and all the methods and instructions but ultimately the level of success you achieve will be down to you. They are positive, neat and tidy and organised and able to mange their time effectively. Important when you get busy. *Check your state for regulations regarding property inspection. If the above sounds like you, then great! If not, then maybe this isn’t for you.
- What is a typical day like?Once you are established, your first inspection at 10 am (after the traffic rush), Finish by 11-11.30. Either go home for lunch and write the report or sit in a cafe with a laptop and write the report. Another inspection is possibly booked for 2pm, do that one and then head home to write the report. Check i’ve been paid for both inspections before sending the reports off by email. Its been a $900 day, stress free and its only 3.30. Make a phone call or two, send an email and spend time with my family and check whats on for tomorrow.
- What are the benefits of an online course?The benefits are many. Here are a few of your other options. Franchise:
- Cost up to $80k
- Restrictions on territory
- Restrictions on naming your business
- Ongoing royalties and fees
- You are building goodwill of the franchisor rather than your own business
- Cost up to $150k
- Long and expensive learning process
- No or low income until you're up and running
- Can i become a property inspector in my state?As far as i know in QLD you need to have a builders licence to be a pre purchase property inspector. In other Australian states it is less strict and you need "experience" and be "competent". It is your responsibility to check the requirements in your particular state to be pre purchase property inspector.